There are several steps in our application process. Here's a summary of this process.
- Submit your application either online at the "Apply for membership" link or by mail. We prefer to receive online applications. The on-line application link does not show up on some mobile devices. If you don't see the link try using a fully functional computer.
- To apply for membership by mail download and print the application PDF. If you cannot download the application we will be happy to send it to you as an e-mail attachment and in a format you can use. A mailed application will take considerably longer to process.
Send your completed application to:
PO Box 12011
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
- Married people must join as a couple regardless of partner participation. The partner must attend the interview and support their partner's participation.
- The membership coordinator will review your application and do a background check to verify the information. A TAN member will then contact you to set up a meeting. At the meeting you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get a good understanding of how TAN operates.
- After the meeting you will be able to join TAN as a provisional member. The background check is $25, the six-month provisional membership costs $10 for single and $15 for couples.
- After the provisional membership ends you may renew as a regular member. The regular membership is renewed yearly from the date of dues payment. Regular annual membership dues are couples $30, singles $20.. Payment may be made online or by mail.
- TAN members enjoy access to the private pages of the website, receive event notification by e-mail and the newsletter.